Are You a Collector?

PGen98

Founder
Do you collect retro video games, or consider yourself to be a collector of video games?

I've been collecting for a number of years at this point and have over 35 consoles and handhelds and roughly 2000 games spread across those consoles and handhelds. I've slowed down considerably on my collecting in recent years because of financial reasons, but I still collect when I can! How about yourselves? Anyone else a collector or like to go back and play the older consoles and games for a bit of a nostalgia trip? :)

Nerdface

I like to go back and play retro games for nostalgia, but tend to do so via emulation or other 'not-so-legitimate' methods.. Largely due to financial affordability, some of the PS2 games I want to play at the moment for example are selling for more than a PS5 console - crazy.. 😱

PGen98

Founder
I like to go back and play retro games for nostalgia, but tend to do so via emulation or other 'not-so-legitimate' methods.. Largely due to financial affordability, some of the PS2 games I want to play at the moment for example are selling for more than a PS5 console - crazy.. 😱
Oh I hear you on that one, totally. I'm a Sega Saturn fan and want to finish my collection for it, but the better games on the console sell for a minimum of $400 and go up from there. Collecting can be a very expensive hobby, to be sure!

Spikey

Do you collect retro video games, or consider yourself to be a collector of video games?

I've been collecting for a number of years at this point and have over 35 consoles and handhelds and roughly 2000 games spread across those consoles and handhelds. I've slowed down considerably on my collecting in recent years because of financial reasons, but I still collect when I can! How about yourselves? Anyone else a collector or like to go back and play the older consoles and games for a bit of a nostalgia trip? :)
You should totally make a youtube video if you haven't done already and show off your consoles and retro games :) I should start collecting more often but usually I try to stay with the current consoles .

PGen98

Founder
You should totally make a youtube video if you haven't done already and show off your consoles and retro games :) I should start collecting more often but usually I try to stay with the current consoles .
It's something I'd like to do, for sure, but I've got a lot of my collection boxed away in storage at the moment, for space saving reasons. When I eventually get them back out again, I'll be sure to take pics and/or video of it!

Top Bottom