Favourite Board Games?

Naiwen

I don't mean e-board games. I mean the ones on a real board. Like scrabble, chess, Dungeons & Dragons, uno and etc. Those are my personal favourites. What's yours? I love to play them when I have friends or family over. Nice exercises for the mind, I myself find.

Nerdface

I still play RISK and Escape From Colditz with the family, as well as one or two of the different editions of RISK such as Game of Thrones (Skirmish).

I occasionally play Monopoly and Cluedo as well, again in addition to different editions of them, but I don't really enjoy them so much anymore.

I would play Scrabble, but I tend to play that on my phone these days.. 🙂

Naiwen

I still play RISK and Escape From Colditz with the family, as well as one or two of the different editions of RISK such as Game of Thrones (Skirmish).

I occasionally play Monopoly and Cluedo as well, again in addition to different editions of them, but I don't really enjoy them so much anymore.

I would play Scrabble, but I tend to play that on my phone these days.. 🙂
What's Risk please? Sounds like fun, thanks, @Nerdface.

Nerdface

It's pretty difficult to explain given that there's a few different variations of it, but essentially it's a game of global domination or completing a mission that has been randomly allocated to you at the very beginning, and battling with your opponents to accomplish it.

The skirmish/quick games are much more fair and balanced overall - but the original game(s) can be very strategic, and there's often at least one or two large key battles. Although it can be played with 2 people I would personally recommend at least 3 players, with 4 being the sweet spot.

Naiwen

It's pretty difficult to explain given that there's a few different variations of it, but essentially it's a game of global domination or completing a mission that has been randomly allocated to you at the very beginning, and battling with your opponents to accomplish it.

The skirmish/quick games are much more fair and balanced overall - but the original game(s) can be very strategic, and there's often at least one or two large key battles. Although it can be played with 2 people I would personally recommend at least 3 players, with 4 being the sweet spot.
Sounds complicated enough for me personally.