Microsoft, Other Bidders, In Talks to Acquire Discord

PGen98

Administrator

In a bid that could top $10billion, Microsoft have launched talks to acquire the gamers' chat platform from its' owners, who are themselves already on the verge of becoming billionaires from the success of their chat platform. Other bidders are also said to be in on the actions, and Discord themselves have not ruled out the prospect of an IPO to go public. It's a chance for the company that acquires them to gain substantial ground in the chat game and the esports game as Discord has an estimated 100million users and is used for all sorts of purposes. This will be an interesting development, if they even accept an acquisition, but there's plenty to keep tabs on over the coming weeks and months!

Michael99

Yes, Other than Windows (different versions), Microsoft has Xbox 360 to experience the new initiators of games and entertainment. So if Microsoft conquered Discord they should give a better chance for a far greater valuation to the public. Microsoft shapes our life, expand our imagination, and helps to protect what's important.

Nerdface

I guess whatever deal Microsoft were trying to cook up fell through..

It doesn't mention that Sony have acquired any stake of Discord, but I doubt Sony would do such a partnership if Microsoft were still in talks with them..

PGen98

Administrator
Glad they weren't acquired, at least, it's best left independent, so a strategic partnership is ok by me!