General Need to add Tags option while posting threads

General Banter

Michael99

Importance and Needs of Tags

I want to elaborate a little bit on the importance of adding few Tags while posting a thread or post with the specific topic TAGs related to thread content, it can help fast Google Indexing the forum and more site visibility in google ranking.

If tagging feature about the topic is ENABLED, when a user posting thread they have the capability to add specific tags to prompt explain what a post is about and it also helps forum users to find easily related topics build on those tags.

It’s my suggestion, add the "Tag" feature in the forum while posting threads.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

Nerdface

I'm not overly convinced to be honest, I'm pretty sure that Google doesn't even consider keywords.. Plus it relies either on other users adding tags, manually going through each thread and adding tags yourself, or some kind of automated script adding generalised and possibly less relevant tags.

Jay

I know this software (Xenforo) you can set each forum to add them whenever someone make a post :)

PGen98

Administrator
I've never searched for content by tag, so I've never really seen much value in it. Modern search engines tend to have pretty decent spiders that know what they're crawling for, so I'm not sure we really need them here, at least at this stage.

Michael99

I've never searched for content by tag, so I've never really seen much value in it. Modern search engines tend to have pretty decent spiders that know what they're crawling for, so I'm not sure we really need them here, at least at this stage.
First time I heard that tags have no importance. Anyway its your theory. We can see out there a lot big forums, freelance sites, top ranked sites and social platforms have added targeted hash tags option in their sites.