Site News RG Site updates

All the latest site news and updates

Brad P

BlueFox
Administrator
Evening everyone,

So RG opened its doors yesterday and it's been a great start with plenty of new features to come so stay tuned for that.

I see a few old faces signing up we hope you are enjoying the eSports forums :)

We have installed a dark style for you all to try out as I know it can be a little much on the eyes :)

If you have any suggestions or feedback then please go ahead and let me know on here.

Enjoy the evening and keep safe

RG team

I think the dark theme is really nice, I am going to use it from now on. Thanks for letting me know about it. :)

Brad P

BlueFox
Administrator
So this week I've worked hard on getting Rival Gaming on some social networks below we have a Facebook page and Instagram they both have their own ways of working on social promotion so I'd really appreciate if you could take a look and follow any feedback is welcome too :)

I'm on Instagram as @rivalgaming365. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=zd8u087czz1h&utm_content=l4lws4x

Nerdface

How do I stop posts being cut-off with an ellipsis? I can't see any way to extend it and see the rest of the post without quoting it.

It's driving me crazy.. 😤😱

PGen98

Administrator
How do I stop posts being cut-off with an ellipsis? I can't see any way to extend it and see the rest of the post without quoting it.

It's driving me crazy.. 😤😱
I've just noticed this, as well...very odd thing to see happening.

@Brad P Tagging Brad to see what he might have changed that's causing this.

Brad P

BlueFox
Administrator
Yeah I’m looking into it at the moment, default skin is fine.

Brad P

BlueFox
Administrator
Site has had an update to the light style, hope you like it :) not 100% sure on the homepage colours but if you would help suggest something ill be happy to try it.

C890AA25-7F60-4E3A-98E5-FD912DF581C1.png

0FDA325B-D4B6-42C2-8736-5EDD759DC18E.png
BF6FEED1-4DA0-4636-A8F1-0ACD85D7C151.png

79FD69C9-97FB-4F0B-9955-DA626F0BC884.png

PGen98

Administrator
Wow, I quite like the new look, it's different!

As for the home page, I think it looks ok, though I'm not a massive fan of the yellow colour, wondering if maybe using an xf-diminish 35% or 40% just to make it that little bit less intense might work wonders? Other than that, I love it!

Brad P

BlueFox
Administrator
Wow, I quite like the new look, it's different!

As for the home page, I think it looks ok, though I'm not a massive fan of the yellow colour, wondering if maybe using an xf-diminish 35% or 40% just to make it that little bit less intense might work wonders? Other than that, I love it!
Thanks @PGen98 please go ahead and change it to your liking :) also if you think thd purple needs a little lift do that too.

Brad P

BlueFox
Administrator
looks better, you happy with the pink/purple can chage that too if you would like.?

PGen98

Administrator
I'm getting used to it. Considering if it might be better "diminished," as well, or possibly even darkened, but for now it's looking fine.

Nerdface

The colours aren't really to my taste and it makes your logo now feel a bit out of place IMO, but we're allowed differing opinions.. 🙂 I quite like the post layout, it's something a bit different and I don't recall seeing much else like it. It's good to see the forum layout is nice and simple again too!

Decent update, guys!