Sega Saturn fans?

PGen98

Administrator
Did anyone else here get to experience the magic that was the Sega Saturn in its time? I grew up as a Sega fan, starting with my days in the UK with the Mega Drive (a friend had a Master System we played when I was over there, but I really got my footing with the Mega Drive), so when I moved to the US and started hearing about the Sega Saturn getting ready to come out, and started to see some gameplay of it, I was blown away! I managed to get one not long after launch, grabbed a few games for it and was hooked. I played as much as I could, as often as I could. I've kept my original Saturn, only lost a handful of titles along the way, and am now working my way very slowly towards a completely collection. It's an expensive console to collect for, sadly, because it failed so hard in the US market, but it's got some incredible games, and some amazing Japanese exclusives to shop for, as well!

Anyone else get into the Saturn as a console? What's your best memory with the console, or your favourite game?

PlatinumChaosX

Yeah I love the Sega Saturn! I didn't grow up with it, after the Megadrive I got bought a Playstation, but, as I've gotten older I've started getting into the Sega Saturn more.

I've actually been playing it quite recently. I've been playing Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Manx TT Superbike, Sega Rally and Sonic Jam.

It's hard for me to choose a favourite to be honest but I'm gonna say Sega Rally and Manx TT Superbike are so easy to pick up and play. After a stressful day at work, they're great fun to have a race on. My Sega Saturn and Dreamcast are both in my home office hooked up to a wee CRT and they both look great, so whenever the stresses of work get to me I just jump on the wee couch in my office and stick on the CRT and turn on my Sega Saturn. :D

I really want to get the Sega Saturn Video CD card too, It's so niche but I had no idea it existed until recently. I was buzzing when I heard the Sega Saturn could play video CD's, I want to try it just for the novelty ahaha. :D

I hope to build up my Sega Saturn collection and I'm still yet to try any of the Japanese exclusive games. I'm into my space shooters and I've heard there is plenty of them in the Japanese market so I better get myself an Action Replay and make my Saturn region free. :D

Once I've got an all time favourite Sega Saturn game, I'll let you know. :D

EDIT:

Ahahaha I had to take a picture for you:

image0.jpg

The monitor is used by my Sega Dreamcast ahaha.

Last edited:

PGen98

Administrator
Fantastic! I love seeing the Saturn still getting some love out there. Collectors have turned it into a commodity, rather than enjoying it as a console (I'm a collector, but I LOVE my Saturn and still play it frequently), so it makes me happy to see someone who actually gets enjoyment from it. Manx TT is a really fun game, I agree! Have you used the sheep code cheat, yet? Best part of the game, by far :D

On the Japanese side, if you're super into shooters, there are an absolutely boatload of them on the Japanese side; however, the downside is that the best one is also one of the most expensive games on the Saturn, Radiant Silvergun. It's a fantastic shooter, far and away the best, but it costs so much money. Battle Garrega's a good one, too, and I don't think it's terribly pricey. There's also Sengoku Blade, Gradius (of course), Salamander Deluxe Pass Plus, and Thunder Force V...all great games!