Super Mario Bros!

David21

Super Mario Bros is habitually referred to as one of the best video games ever, with acclaim for its exact controls.

Do you play this game ever?

PGen98

Administrator
I've been a fan of the Mario series since I first started playing video games, which was right around the time Super Mario World came out on the SNES. Fantastic games, and Mario's a classic character well deserving of his spot in video game history.

Nerdface

Loved the original Super Mario Bros game, and I still have my original NES cartridge somewhere! I disliked the sequel, but Super Mario Bros 3 more than made up for it (I have a NES cartridge of that too).. 😁

The best in my opinion was Super Mario World on the SNES. That game was an almost perfect platformer.

PGen98

Administrator
Loved the original Super Mario Bros game, and I still have my original NES cartridge somewhere! I disliked the sequel, but Super Mario Bros 3 more than made up for it (I have a NES cartridge of that too).. 😁

The best in my opinion was Super Mario World on the SNES. That game was an almost perfect platformer.
The actual SMB2 that didn't get released outside of Japan until much later was decent, but I do agree that what came out as SMB2 (Doki Doki Panic with reskinned characters) was not exactly a winner.

Super Mario World is definitely the pick of the bunch!

Zack_puffs

The actual SMB2 that didn't get released outside of Japan until much later was decent, but I do agree that what came out as SMB2 (Doki Doki Panic with reskinned characters) was not exactly a winner.

Super Mario World is definitely the pick of the bunch!
I'm with you, SMB2 wasn't much fun but like idk about it being released late cuz I was yet to exist in this world. I did play the game in the 90's. I still recommend SMW over SMB2.

PGen98

Administrator
I'm with you, SMB2 wasn't much fun but like idk about it being released late cuz I was yet to exist in this world. I did play the game in the 90's. I still recommend SMW over SMB2.
Yeah, the game that released in Japan as Super Mario Bros 2 was a lot like SMB1 but Nintendo decided it was too difficult for the rest of the world and so they released the game Doki Doki Panic as SMB2 with Mario characters in place of the original characters (mostly). The harder SMB2 did eventually get released by Nintendo to the rest of the world, while the rest of the world SMB2 was eventually released in Japan as Super Mario Bros USA. It was a bit of a mess.

Nerdface

Yeah, I've read the story behind Super Mario Bros 2 - quite an interesting read for those unfamiliar with it.

I thought Lost Levels on Super Mario All-Stars was the Western release of the Japanese Super Mario Bros 2? :unsure:

PGen98

Administrator
Yeah, I've read the story behind Super Mario Bros 2 - quite an interesting read for those unfamiliar with it.

I thought Lost Levels on Super Mario All-Stars was the Western release of the Japanese Super Mario Bros 2? :unsure:
Yep, it is! Lost Levels was the Japanese SMB2, while SMB USA was Japan's introduction to the re-skinned Doki Doki Panic that we all got (so basically they got Doki Doki Panic released twice, just once with mario characters in place of the originals).

Michael99

Agreed and definitely good game memories. If you love to have a Nintendo Switch or 3Ds, you sure like retro video games and quench your thirst to enjoy the Mario Kart, Super Mario adventure or the most famous Super Mario Bros.

Nerdface

Is the *new* Super Mario Bros worth a playthrough on the Wii? I think I have a copy of it somewhere, but never bothered playing it.. 😅

I also fancy giving Mario Galaxy a try.

PGen98

Administrator
Is the *new* Super Mario Bros worth a playthrough on the Wii? I think I have a copy of it somewhere, but never bothered playing it.. 😅

Yeah, it's pretty fun! I would recommend it if you get the chance!

Naiwen

I think yeah for me personally.