Tech Touchpad problems!

Computers, Tablets, Gadgets, etc.

David21

Touchpad problems!

I have an Acer brand laptop. On this laptop, I am facing a problem. The problem is with its touchpad, the touchpad can not work properly at this moment. Sometimes the touchpad works automatically.

Does anyone help me?
Do you have any ideas about it?
If have, then tell me...
How do I solve this problem?

PGen98

Administrator
The first thing I'd suggest trying is re-installing the touchpad drivers and seeing if that helps fix it. A quick search shows you can look for the drivers here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers just enter your model number and the drivers should show, download the latest one(s) and go from there.

David21

The first thing I'd suggest trying is re-installing the touchpad drivers and seeing if that helps fix it. A quick search shows you can look for the drivers here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers just enter your model number and the drivers should show, download the latest one(s) and go from there.
It's great, But I can not find my laptop's model touchpad driver.

PGen98

Administrator
That's somewhat disappointing, I wonder if there's a function for the touchpad itself, like some laptops will enable or disable the touchpad with a combination like Fn + F7 keys, or if you could check the BIOS to see if there's a touchpad-specific setting that's been deactivated somehow?

Nerdface

1.) Disable the device via Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)
2.) Buy wireless mouse, something like the Logitech M185 is perfectly adequate
3.) Connect wireless mouse, and never look back!

Seriously though, laptop touchpads are the work of the devil.. I despise them.

Michael99

There are several reasons that could cause this to happen.
You may try uninstalling your touchpad driver by one of the easy way open Device Manager, right-click the touchpad driver, and simply uninstall it. After that restart your laptop and Windows will go to reinstall the driver. If that didn't work, try using the genuine driver software that comes with Windows.

Moreover, here on this video we know how to fix laptop’s touchpad working issue.