2. Vanilla
3. phpBB
4. MyBB
5. Bulletin.

Or, any others?
If so, don't forget to tell...

PGen98

Administrator
As in forum software, or sites that utilize forum software? I visit quite a few forum sites and participate in them, but in terms of forum software, I prefer XenForo on the paid side and MyBB on the free side, with a subtle nod to Flarum as it continues to progress and develop.

Reactions: Jay

Jay

I have several sites that use both Xenforo and IPS, both of them have thier pro & con, for me i would say I'm in the middle.

I have one forum that is Xenforo and two that are IPS and if you ask me I like them both equally well. The reason why I have two IPS forums is that I needed blogs, a gallery, and a portal and IPS has all of them built into the suite. Having said that most of the forums that I visit are powered by Xenforo. :)

Michael99

No doubt these are some of the Best forum software Wix, Vanilla, phpBB, MyBB, Bulletin. But I love most Xenforo, which search engines love. It is Simple to operate, easy, mobile-friendly, instant messaging, SEO-friendly, seamless Integration and chat room Included.

Jay

But really get real @Michael99 Xenforo is at the bottom of the barrel for paid software, as for SEO let's see the stats? and not the shit pie from the other site that says it's better, Xenforo is dust in the wind when it comes to forum standards it has nothing to offer any more than mybb.

why would i pay 160.00 for software that i can get free mybb?

And on top of that forums are dead in the water, SM has taken over.

PGen98

Administrator
And on top of that forums are dead in the water, SM has taken over.
As much as I hate social media, there's no question whatsoever that this is true. Social media dominates most interactions nowadays, it's also completely ruined what used to be understood rules of netiquette to the point that anyone joining a forum that only has social media experience has no idea how to act within a forum community. Here's hoping one day social media just dies off, as improbable as that sounds...it's a detriment far more than it's useful.

Reactions: Jay

Michael99

But really get real @Michael99 Xenforo is at the bottom of the barrel for paid software, Xenforo is dust in the wind when it comes to forum standards it has nothing to offer any more .....
Strange! anyway its your opinion to hate Xenforo as dust in the wind o_O

Jay

As much as I hate social media, there's no question whatsoever that this is true. Social media dominates most interactions nowadays, it's also completely ruined what used to be understood rules of netiquette to the point that anyone joining a forum that only has social media experience has no idea how to act within a forum community. Here's hoping one day social media just dies off, as improbable as that sounds...it's a detriment far more than it's useful.
I think SM and others like it will face the same doom as well, looking at facebook you can see it decline.

PGen98

Administrator
I think SM and others like it will face the same doom as well, looking at facebook you can see it decline.
True, it's slowly being replaced just like MySpace before it.