Tech Which One is the Most Useful and Secure Chat, Messaging, Video and Doc Sharing App?

Computers, Tablets, Gadgets, etc.

Michael99

Nowadays fast communication and correspondence mostly depends on instant chat platforms.
For quick contact I almost love to use WhatsApp. But there are so many other useful apps across the globe.
For instance, FB Messenger, IMO, Viber, Skype, Snapchat, Telegram, Line, Talk, We Chat, Hangout etc.
Just want to know which one chat app you have find the most useful, secure and friendly use?

chat app.jpg

PGen98

Administrator
I use and stick with Signal, works well for me.

Michael99

I use and stick with Signal, works well for me.
Well, it’s your choice or your experience, btw WhatsApp is encrypted using Signal's protocol and was acquired by Facebook. Signal collects less data than other some apps and stores messages on your device rather than in the cloud, though.

PGen98

Administrator
Well, it’s your choice or your experience, btw WhatsApp is encrypted using Signal's protocol and was acquired by Facebook. Signal collects less data than other some apps and stores messages on your device rather than in the cloud, though.
Correct, and I try to stick away from anything owned by Facebook, if possible. Not a fan of their data collection policies.

Michael99

Correct, and I try to stick away from anything owned by Facebook, if possible. Not a fan of their data collection policies.
Any affected issue faced that you want to avoid Facebook and its subordinates?

PGen98

Administrator
Any affected issue faced that you want to avoid Facebook and its subordinates?
Personally I'm not a fan of any social media platforms, because of how easily people offer up information about themselves under the guise of talking to their friends, but Facebook in particular have information collection policies that I don't agree with and that has extended to the other companies that they own. So once they acquire a company, if it's one I use, I tend to stay away from it.

Michael99

Personally I'm not a fan of any social media platforms, because of how easily people offer up information about themselves under the guise of talking to their friends, but Facebook in particular have information collection policies that I don't agree with and that has extended to the other companies that they own. So once they acquire a company, if it's one I use, I tend to stay away from it.
Sure agreed with your analysis but I think about 70 to 80 present people from all over the world are engaged in FB sharing, if I’m right.

PGen98

Administrator
Sure agreed with your analysis but I think about 70 to 80 present people from all over the world are engaged in FB sharing, if I’m right.
Would not surprise me in the least, and that's a terrifying thought.